Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

What other measures do you think might be effective?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Some governments think that increasing the price of petrol is the preferred way to solve problems such as the growing traffic and pollution observed in many cities. However, there are other possible changes that can be explored for the resolution of these current issues.

A higher price of petrol will perhaps reduce the number of cars on the streets and consequently this measure can decrease the traffic and the emission of gases that pollute the air. However, some people will definitely reduce other spends to keep using their own car daily to go to the work, for example. For other people, the increase in the petrol’s price will not have any impact and they will probably not make any change, like stopping to drive or using less the car.

Other measures need to take into account to decrease the problem caused by too many cars, especially in the big cities. One of the most important action is to offer other transportation ways, which must be comfortable and safe at the same time.Different options of public transportation, such as metro, train and bus, are required to people decide to leave the car at the garage. Moreover, a consciousness of people to share their private car and do not use it for a single person transportation will certainly be beneficial to avoid environmental problems. In the same manner, bike lanes construction will offer the opportunity to use bikes safely.

In conclusion, there are many ways that might be effective to improve traffic and pollution problems in the majority of cities. Although increasing the price of petrol can be a positive attitude trying to solve these problems, there are some investments necessary to be done by governments, especially in the quality of public transportation to guarantee that people will change from the use of a car to any other better transportation way.

One of the most important action is
One of the most important actions is

a consciousness of people to share their private car and do not use it for a single person transportation will certainly be beneficial
a consciousness of people to share their private car and not to use it for a single person transportation will certainly be beneficial