In this age of intensive media coverage, it is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.

Today we can hardly find a place across the world where people do not have access to media such as TV radio or newspaper. This broad coverage of media has definitely changed our lives compared to past. Status of heroes in view of some people might be seen unaffected by the media. However, i agree with this statement that nowadays it's no longer possible for a society to laud living heroes as before because of great influence of media.

considering the subject into a closer consideration, the power and authority of media to praise or damage figure of a hero is an undeniable matter. The main controversary arises would be the current trend of media to debilitate power of people considered as heroes. to clarify the subject we need to dissect the policy behind and the reason while in our time heroes rarely found and raised by media.

First point comes to one's mind is the possible internal and external role player factors. For instance politics can be considered a dominant factor in policy-making in respect to media. Strong influence of politics on media is so common in many nations.

additionally, there exists a belief that lauding heroes in society might cause unwanted adversing effect especially on youngsters who compromise a large proportion of people in a society. As it is evident that finding a perfect person without any flaws in his or her character would be improbable so in this way any negative points in celebrities and famous people would have some negative and unpredictable consequences on this part of society because these people generally considered as good role models for youngsters. Exemplifying the above point, I can explicitly refer to many favorable children TV characters which gradually loosed their popularity among people because of media gradually weakened their role.

In conclusion, media toady has extensively affected our lives and changed the conception of heroes among people of many societies. For sure around us there are many unknown living heroes whose actions and beliefs changed many lives but not recognized by media under influence of many factors like politics.