“The autonomy of any country is based on the strength of its borders; if the number of illegal immigrants entering a country cannot be checked, both its economy and national identity are endangered. Because illegal immigrants pose such threats, every effo

“The autonomy of any country is based on the strength of its borders; if the number of illegal immigrants entering a country cannot be checked, both its economy and national identity are endangered. Because illegal immigrants pose such threats, every effort must be made to return them to their country of origin.”

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The conlcusion of the newspaper editorial is that illegal immigrants are dangerous to a country and every effort must be made to deport them back to their home countries. This conclusion rests on the assumption that the autonomy of the country is contingent on how well the country controls its borders. This argument is unsubstantiated and lacks any empirical evidence to support it. There are a number of fallacies in the logical process of the author of this editorial, which when examined closer, will disprove the conclusion.

First of all, the editorial assumes that immigrants pose a threat ...

Sentence: The conlcusion of the newspaper editorial is that illegal immigrants are dangerous to a country and every effort must be made to deport them back to their home countries.
Error: conlcusion Suggestion: conclusion

Sentence: In Conclusion, the editirial may highlight an important issue, yet it does not present a convincing argument, nor reach a sound conclusion.
Error: editirial Suggestion: editorial

Sentence: It could have better chances at convincing the reader, if it analyzed its claims at greater lenths, perhaps from a narrower persective of national security, or economic growth, while also providing numerical facts or examples to illustrate its conclusion.
Error: persective Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: lenths Suggestion: lengths