In the past, shopping was a routine domestic task. Many people nowadays regard it as a hobby. To what extent do you think this is a positive trend?

It is commonly known that shopping was a chore to our ancestors, while nowadays it has become one of the pleasant things. In my opinion, this question is arguable as it has both positive and negative sides.

We cannot deny the fact that in the past the shopping conditions were not attractive as they are now. It is mostly because this involved visiting some shops which provided a scarce variety of commodities. We should also take into account that in earlier generation people did not have any access to credit cards and had insufficient amount of money. While in sharp contrast these days people have many alternatives in designating assets. It can be explained with a fact that all shopping malls and supermarkets attract people with a comfortable environment and with a wide range of goods to select from.

Nevertheless, despite being an attractive affair, it can still be argued that it has a negative effect on young generation around the world. First and the foremost reason is that children become influenced by advertising media. Despite doing outdoor healthy activities, they spend their whole time in the shopping malls. On the one hand they hang out with their friends, but on the other hand they purchase their money on unnecessary goods. As a consequence they get into debts.

In conclusion it has been shown that there is a range of factors deciding whether shopping has become a positive trend or not. In my opinion, we should take into consideration that shopping is acceptable if it is not too much.

better to support only one side:

para 1: introduction. my choice: A or B. agree or disagree
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion: because of reasons 1,2,3, so i choose A/B or agree/disagree.