In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology (IT), for example the World Wide Web and communication by email. However, future developments in IT are likely to have more negative effects than positive

In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology (IT), for example the World Wide Web and communication by email. However, future developments in IT are likely to have more negative effects than positive. To what extent do you agree with this view?

With the advent urbanisation and constant innovation in technology, the question of whether the information technology is inducing threat is an interesting debate. I believe that THERE WOULD BE severe consequences only if there are no proper regulatory policies and methods in controlling the misuse of technology.

First of all, with evermore complex life styles of society, it can be considered extremely important to achieve an advancement in information technology. Especially the mode of communication through internet and emails raised the standards of industries to next level, mainly due to the expansion of their power in different countries, which is happening only because of internet. For instance, most of the western countries are outsourcing the work to other Asian countries, only because of the web communication. Therefore, a great deal of progress with industries is taking place with the help of internet.

On the other hand, making internet available for all age groups, would lead to the exposure of sensitive topics to children at a young age. This would sow seeds of bad deeds into budding minds. Furthermore, there is a huge threat to privacy of all individuals by putting all personal data on social media. For example, a recent research at University of Sydney proved that internet is the major cause of violent behaviour that is seen in young children.

In conclusion, given the strength of the evidence, in the future more legislation needs to be put in place to mitigate the bad influences of technology and to let the progress of innovation evolve with great achievements.

No. of Words: 258 350 //More content wanted. Read a real story by a testbig user why more content:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/some-people-prefer-spend-their-live…

-------------------------