Some people think that it is more important to build new houses than to plant trees To what extent do you agree or disagree

Some people think that it is more important to build new houses than to plant trees. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, it is often argued that building new houses is more important than planting trees. Although I agree that housing is essential, I do believe that tree planting is equally significant.

The shelter is one of the basic needs of people and due to rapid population growth, the demand for houses has increased tremendously. In order to cope with this increasing demand, it is necessary to build new houses. If there is a shortage in supply, house prices will increase and many people will not be able to afford it. Consequently, a lack of adequate housing not only compromises development, but eventually also constitutes a security threat from myriad social ill that arises from homelessness. Furthermore, without access to decent shelter, the poor live in miserable conditions that compromise their general health and make them more susceptible to diseases.

On the other hand, planting trees is one of the cheapest and most effective ways to bring about widespread improvement in the environment and the quality of life of an area. The benefits of these trees spread far beyond the villages to our homes in cities, schools and communities as well. First, trees remove from the global atmosphere a great quantities of carbon dioxide, the major “Green House Gas” responsible for global climate changes. In addition, trees create a peaceful, aesthetically pleasing environment. Moreover, they act as a sound barrier and provide protection against crowding and noise pollution.

In conclusion, both houses and trees are vital in our lives. Hence, we should ensure that the right balance is in place for a better way of living.

More content wanted. Read a real story by a testbig user why more content:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/some-people-prefer-spend-their-live…