Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The main role of the university professor is to educate students rather than to do research.

There is no doubt that educating students is the main important rule in producing a high quality of future population. However, nowadays, the university not only provides knowledge to the students, but it also facilitates new invention by allowing the professor doing a research. Hence, I disagree that the university professor should give a priority on educating more than doing research and I provide reasons to oppose this as following.

First of all, I believe that doing research and discovery would bring a most benefit to a human creature. Since the university professors have both facilities, from the university’s support, and knowledge, they are able to be a part of the global discovery. For example, UCSF, University of California San Francisco, has both research equipments, research-experienced professors and graduated students; therefore the main role of UCSF is exploring and contributing new therapeutic discovery. Needless to say, UCSF discovers a huge amount of new inventions of life science and therapies to the world. Cleary, that focusing on the research helps to produce new technologies and save human’s life, so the universities should count on doing research as a substantial rule.

Additionally, doing a research creates knowledge outside textbooks and experience to the students. Although, it is true that the students can learn everything from professors or textbooks, they would hardly to see a real picture of what they learn without trying and experiencing by themselves. Therefore, in this way, the professors who do research, are able to guide the students to see the real picture of whatever the students learn by letting the students experience the research. Give myself as an example. When I was in the college, I took some biochemistry class that teaches about human body. I got so disappointed because I did not understand and did not see a clear picture of it. Fortunately, I decided to help my professor doing a biochemistry research, after that, I truly understood what is going on in human body from experiencing doing biochemistry research. As a result, I believe that joining the professors doing a research assists the students to augment their knowledge and experience.

In conclusion, I believe that doing research by the professors in the university not only creates new discoveries that give numerous advantages to human, but it also leads the students to understand what they learn from the classes and optimize research experiences. Consequently, the professors should be given a credit on doing a research as well as educating the students.

Sentences need to be polished.

Don't put 'not only, but also' two times.