Woven baskets charecterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa

Woven baskets charecterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a " Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim river form Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crosed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument

The initial read of the argument that " the so called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean" appaears cogent but a closer scrutiny reveals inherent flaws in the conclusion drawn as the argument is rife with questionable assumptions and inadequate data.

The first flaw is with respect to the author stating that no Palean boats were found. But it has not mentioned that The palean boats had a unique characteristics of being differentiated from other ordinary boats. But many other ordinary boats might have been discovered near the ancient village of Lithos. It might be possible that the people of Palea also used some ordinary boats to cross over the Brim river. SO to strengthen the conclusion drawn, the the author should have provide any cahracteristics that was unique about the Palean boats.

Another flaw is with respect to the possibility of appaearance of Palean basket. It may have been possible that some people from Lithos village or any other place may have visited Palea for varied reasons. They might have carried this basket along with them to Lithos. They might have travelled on Boats which are not Palean. So it cannot be concluded that the Paleean basket found in Lithos is not from Palea. It might also be possible that some people from Palea might have migrated to Lithos on non-Palean boats. They might have made this woven Palean baskets in Lithos.

Buiding upon the fact that the Brim river very deep and broad, it might be possible that the river was not this deep and wide at those ancient times. There might have occured some big erathquake/natural phenomenon which caused the brim river to become so wide and deep. It colud also have widened and deepened over a long period of time. If it was so, The Palean people could easily get into Lithos without a boat. This could have caused the Palean basket to be carried to Lithos. So, it is essential to check if any such phenomena has occured with the Brim river that seperates the Palea and Lithos.

The above discussion clearly states that the authors argument that "the Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean" can only be strengthened if he takes into consideration the checks and remedies suggested.

Sentence: The initial read of the argument that ' the so called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean' appaears cogent but a closer scrutiny reveals inherent flaws in the conclusion drawn as the argument is rife with questionable assumptions and inadequate data.
Error: appaears Suggestion: appears

Sentence: SO to strengthen the conclusion drawn, the the author should have provide any cahracteristics that was unique about the Palean boats.
Error: cahracteristics Suggestion: characteristics

Sentence: Another flaw is with respect to the possibility of appaearance of Palean basket.
Error: appaearance Suggestion: appearance

Sentence: There might have occured some big erathquake/natural phenomenon which caused the brim river to become so wide and deep.
Error: occured Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: erathquake Suggestion: earthquake

Sentence: So, it is essential to check if any such phenomena has occured with the Brim river that seperates the Palea and Lithos.
Error: seperates Suggestion: separates

argument 1 -- not OK. The author fails to consider the possibility that the Paleans may arrived in Lithos through other means. (Maybe they don't have boat, but they may use boards or woods to cross the river.)