The best ideas arise from a passionate interest in commonplace things.

Human mind is an ocean of ideas, being generated consciously and unconsciously. But what makes it to have so many ideas in one tiny brain. The ideas may or may not be practically feasible, but still our mind keeps on generating them. The question lies why and how. You will find many answers to question “why” but a very few for “how”. The ideas are generated because we are seeking for a solution to some problem or may be to plan something. But how the ideas are being generated and how efficient they are, is best judged by the resources from where we take the idea.

It is well known that an idea can change your life, but in order to happen so, the idea should be an impressive one. It has to be the best and should stand distinct in crowd of millions of ideas. As people see the surroundings for some idea, they get the best ideas from the resources which are known to them and with whom they are familiar with. This is only possible if a person has interest in something from which he is taking the idea. In other words it may be put as the best idea will come from the ordinary things which are well known and a person has interest.

But world is not how we see it. It is necessary to think out of box if you really want to seek some answers. The idea of inter planet travel and how to send man to send didn’t come from ordinary sciences. Scientists had to go deeper into the vast ocean of knowledge and get the ideas from the nucleus of atom which may not sound commonplace to people but still regarded as the best idea. In order to solve complex problems, one can’t basically rely on some basic and ordinary things always and hence has to extend the search, and seek for the best idea buried somewhere far from the normal vision.

Solutions to our problems lies with us and it needs a vision to identify the solution or idea. As beauty lies in the eyes of beholder, best ideas lie with the things who are beautiful and ordinary. It may seem paradoxical but let us take an example of a simple problem. A few people wanted to be in contact with their friends and family, no matter in what part of world they are. They wanted to share their thoughts and pictures. But the question was “how”? But one commonplace and ubiquitous thing, the internet made it possible and through which people introduces email, Facebook, Orkut and many other social networking sites. In field of engineering design too, the best ideas are taken from commonplace things. Like a person wants a new type of entertainment system which is not just and entertainment system but incorporates enmities for relaxing. Designers developed a combination of bed and chair with music system, video system, massager embedded into it. So problem may seem complex but the idea can be best attained from commonplace things.

In the end, it is very much true that the best ideas arise from the passionate interest in commonplace things. If you don’t have passionate interest, you may remain trap in labyrinth of endless things and ideas and may not ever come up with best idea.

Solutions to our problems lies with us
A solution to our problems lies with us