CET4 sample essay - CET4 exam essay writing on Jan 1989 : The Tape Recorder

The tape recorder is one of the most welcome and popular electronic devices ever invented. Nowadays, almost every family has a tape recorder. It can record people’s voices or popular songs or some other things that people would like to listen to more than once. Tape recorders have been warmly welcomed since the day they were invented.

This device is useful in many ways. For example, a reporter can use it in interviews instead of the old, less accurate means of writing them in a notebook. Also, in studying foreign languages, students can use it to improve their listening ability. Moreover, they can record their own voice to improve their pronunciation in the foreign language.

However, it can also become a nuisance. Your hearing can be seriously harmed if you listen to a recorder with the volume too high. And, if you can’t control yourself, you can waste a lot of time listening to a recorder. So, if used properly, the recorder will serve you well. If used improperly, it can do harm to you.