Bluff Manufacturing Employees Serve on English Language Learner Advisory Committee

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 02/05/2014 - 16:00

Fort Worth, Texas (PRWEB) December 23, 2013

Bluff Manufacturing, an innovative leader in the fabrication and design of high quality material handling, dock and warehouse equipment, storage structures, and safety barriers, proudly serves the local community. Bluff employees Silvia and Enrriques and Kim Meas, who are both bilingual, are serving on the advisory committee for Everman ISD’s English Language programs. The committee meets during business hours which Bluff accommodates as part of its efforts to support the community in which it operates.

The English Language Learner Advisory Committee (ELLAC) of Everman ISD began in May 2013 with a focus on involving students, parents, teachers, administrators, community members and business representatives in EISD. The purpose for the committee is to advise and to suggest ideas for student programs, strategies and initiatives that will further advance the success of students enrolled in bilingual dual language education and English as a second language programs.

“Silvia and Kim’s contributions have been integral to the group, and their commitment to provide the best education to EISD students is definitely appreciated,” said Myrna Blanchard, Director of Bilingual/ESL Programs at Everman ISD.

Four meetings have been held since the committee began its work last May. In that time, the group has discussed the strengths and needs of current and future initiatives which include dual language expansion to grades 6 and higher, targeted instructional services based on student needs, and expanded opportunities to engage in dialogue with various stakeholders regarding EISD students and their success. Sub-committees have been formed, and each continues to work diligently towards specific action plans to address any areas of need that are determined by the group to have a positive impact.

Meas is part of the Parents/Community Group, whose primary objective is to suggest ways to increase parental and community involvement with children’s education.

“I am excited and honored for the opportunity to be part of a committee working towards improving the method of education,” said Meas, “I look forward to seeing the changes that will be coming in the next few years.”

The English Language Learner Advisory Committee will meet again on February 6, 2014.

To learn more about Bluff Manufacturing, visit http://bluffmanufacturing.com.

About Bluff Manufacturing

For more than 40 years, Bluff Manufacturing has been recognized as an innovative leader in the fabrication and design of high quality dock, warehouse, and safety equipment. Bluff Manufacturing, whose customers include Frito Lay, Lumber Liquidators and Airgas, adheres to the American National Standards Institute’s (ANSI) MH30.2 standard, ensuring the highest quality products and providing customers with the greatest possible value. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, Bluff Manufacturing serves the entire U.S., Central & South America and the Caribbean through a national distributor network, and the company’s 7 distribution warehouses ensure quick delivery of the standard items in the company’s product line including yard ramps, dock boards, and dock levelers. Bluff Manufacturing acquired B&L Structures in June 2010, expanding its portfolio to include steel structures such as, cantilever rack, stairways, free standing conveyor support structures, catwalks, work platforms, caged ladders, and mezzanines.

Article references
www.prweb.com