Essay topics: 1. The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a journal on environmental issues.
"Over the past year, the Crust Copper Company (CCC) has purchased over 10,000 square miles of land in the tropical nation of West Fredonia. Mining copper on this land will inevitably result in pollution and, since West Fredonia is the home of several endangered animal species, in environmental disaster. But such disasters can be prevented if consumers simply refuse to purchase products that are made with CCC's copper unless the company abandons its mining plans."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.
The journal on environmental issues has posited that the Crust Copper Company (CCC) buys a massive area in a tropical region where most of the species are in risk of environmental problems; since the mining process causes pollution, the people should boycott the CCC products, until the company abdicates it mining in this region. This letter and its rearing assumptions are shaky and skeptical and require further data to verify the validity of this letter and the effectiveness of its advice. In what follows, I would list the most doubtful surmise hold by the author in this letter.
The first issue with the letter is about the location of the place bought by CCC. There is no lucid and specifi ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- tpo 27 (85)
- Improving schools is the most important factor in the successful development of a country (73)
- Tpo-extra writing 3 (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person should never make an important decision alone. (70)
- TPO-Extra 2-integrated (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People learn things better from those at their own level-such as fellow students or co-workers- than from those at a higher level, such as teacher or supervisors. (73)
- tpo-extra 1-integrated (3)
- Do you agree or disagree?It is more important for governments to spend money to improve internet access than to public transportation. (73)
- TPO53Independent Task-Many countries require cigarette smokers to pay particularly high taxes on their purchases of cigarettes; similar taxes are being considered for unhealthy foods. The policy of imposing high taxes on cigarettes and other unhealthy pro (80)
- tpo53 (3)