Essay topics: 1. The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a journal on environmental issues.
"Over the past year, the Crust Copper Company (CCC) has purchased over 10,000 square miles of land in the tropical nation of West Fredonia. Mining copper on this land will inevitably result in pollution and, since West Fredonia is the home of several endangered animal species, in environmental disaster. But such disasters can be prevented if consumers simply refuse to purchase products that are made with CCC's copper unless the company abandons its mining plans."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.
The journal on environmental issues has posited that the Crust Copper Company (CCC) buys a massive area in a tropical region where most of the species are in risk of environmental problems; since the mining process causes pollution, the people should boycott the CCC products, until the company abdicates it mining in this region. This letter and its rearing assumptions are shaky and skeptical and require further data to verify the validity of this letter and the effectiveness of its advice. In what follows, I would list the most doubtful surmise hold by the author in this letter.
The first issue with the letter is about the location of the place bought by CCC. There is no lucid and specifi ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict. (73)
- tpo52 (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. (73)
- tpo51 (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should require to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. (73)
- tpo50.integ (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? the ability to maintain a friendship with a small number of people over a long period is more important for happiness than the ability to make many new friends easily. (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Because modern life is very complex, young people need to have the ability to plan and organize. (90)
- tpo49-integ (85)
- tpo48 (85)