The following is a recommendation from the personnel director to the president of Acme Publishing Company."Many other companies have recently stated that having their employees take the Easy Read Speed-Reading Course has greatly improved productivity. One

Essay topics: The following is a recommendation from the personnel director to the president of Acme Publishing Company.
"Many other companies have recently stated that having their employees take the Easy Read Speed-Reading Course has greatly improved productivity. One graduate of the course was able to read a 500-page report in only two hours; another graduate rose from an assistant manager to vice president of the company in under a year. Obviously, the faster you can read, the more information you can absorb in a single workday. Moreover, Easy Read would cost Acme only $500 per employee—a small price to pay when you consider the benefits. Included in this fee is a three-week seminar in Spruce City and a lifelong subscription to the Easy Read newsletter. Clearly, Acme would benefit greatly by requiring all of our employees to take the Easy Read course."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

nbkru2f's picture

Even though investing in employees is a great idea, all the cost and benefits need to be considered before making such an investment. The author in the statement claims that Speed-Reading Course would greatly improve productivity of employees as they would be able to absorb information faster. The author supply two evidences to support his conclusion, namely: that one employee after the course was able to go through 500-page report within two hours and, the second one, another employee rose from assistant manager to vice president. In order to substantiate the conclusion about the effectiveness of Speed-Read course, the author would need to furnish more evidences, such as: how effective is t ...

Note: Only testbig VIP readers can access the full content of this essay.

Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.