Essay topics: The following is a recommendation from the personnel director to the president of Acme Publishing Company.
"Many other companies have recently stated that having their employees take the Easy Read Speed-Reading Course has greatly improved productivity. One graduate of the course was able to read a 500-page report in only two hours; another graduate rose from an assistant manager to vice president of the company in under a year. Obviously, the faster you can read, the more information you can absorb in a single workday. Moreover, Easy Read would cost Acme only $500 per employee—a small price to pay when you consider the benefits. Included in this fee is a three-week seminar in Spruce City and a lifelong subscription to the Easy Read newsletter. Clearly, Acme would benefit greatly by requiring all of our employees to take the Easy Read course."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.
Even though investing in employees is a great idea, all the cost and benefits need to be considered before making such an investment. The author in the statement claims that Speed-Reading Course would greatly improve productivity of employees as they would be able to absorb information faster. The author supply two evidences to support his conclusion, namely: that one employee after the course was able to go through 500-page report within two hours and, the second one, another employee rose from assistant manager to vice president. In order to substantiate the conclusion about the effectiveness of Speed-Read course, the author would need to furnish more evidences, such as: how effective is t ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 months 5 days ago||ejlim94||83||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||ejlim94||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||jakir_50||30||Read full essay|
|6 months 8 hours ago||Fatema Humayara||30||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||yyusong||61||Read full essay|
|8 months 2 days ago||greawyky||34||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||chinu1996||32||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||ncheels||34||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||mskrdy||38||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||majduleen||66||Read full essay|
- the following appeared in a letter to the editor of a Batavia newspaper."The department of agriculture in Batavia reports that the number of dairy farms throughout the country is now 25 percent greater than it was 10 years ago. During this same time perio (60)
- Statement of Purpose for department of International relations (90)
- An action is morally correct if the amount of good that results from the action is greater than the amount of bad that results from the action. Reason : When assessing the morality of action, the result of an action are more important than the intent of t (80)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a local newspaper in Masontown: " If we want to save money on municipal garbage disposal fees, we need to encourage our residents to recycle more. Last year, our neighboring town, Hayesworth, passed a la (85)
- The following appeared in a memo from the Mayor of the city of Hillview:" In order to alleviate the serious unemployment problem in our town, we should encourage Autotech to build its automobile manufacturing plant in our area. The Hillview landfill, whic (60)
- Some people believe that increasing violence in the media is the cause of increasing violence in our society, especially among children. Others believe that children's peer groups and parental role models are a much more influence on children's behavior (80)
- The following appeared in a newsletter offering advice to inverstors :Techno corporation is our top pick for the investment this term. We urge all our clients to invest in this new company. For the first time in ten years, a company that has developed a s (60)
- We can usually learn much more from people whose views we share than from people whose views contradict our own.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position (80)
- The following appeared as a letter to the editor of a national newspaper."Your recent article on corporate downsizing* in Elthyria maintains that the majority of competent workers who have lost jobs as a result of downsizing face serious economic hardship (78)
- Society should make efforts to save endangered species only if the potential extinction of those species is the result of human activities.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. (50)