The following is a recommendation from the personnel director to the president of Acme Publishing Company.
"Many other companies have recently stated that having their employees take the Easy Read Speed-Reading Course has greatly improved productivity. One graduate of the course was able to read a 500-page report in only two hours; another graduate rose from an assistant manager to vice president of the company in under a year. Obviously, the faster you can read, the more information you can absorb in a single workday. Moreover, Easy Read would cost Acme only $500 per employee—a small price to pay when you consider the benefits. Included in this fee is a three-week seminar in Spruce City and a lifelong subscription to the Easy Read newsletter. Clearly, Acme would benefit greatly by requiring all of our employees to take the Easy Read course."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.
Even though investing in employees is a great idea, all the cost and benefits need to be considered before making such an investment. The author in the statement claims that Speed-Reading Course would greatly improve productivity of employees as they would be able to absorb information faster. The author supply two evidences to support his conclusion, namely: that one employee after the course was able to go through 500-page report within two hours and, the second one, another employee rose from assistant manager to vice president. In order to substantiate the conclusion about the effectivenes...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- The following appeared as a letter to the editor of a national newspaper Your recent article on corporate downsizing in Elthyria maintains that the majority of competent workers who have lost jobs as a result of downsizing face serious economic hardship o 90
- The following appeared in a recommendation from the president of Amburg's Chamber of Commerce."Last October the city of Belleville installed high-intensity lighting in its central business district, and vandalism there declined within a month. The city of 70
- In a study of the reading habits of Waymarsh citizens conducted by the University of Waymarsh, most respondents said they preferred literary classics as reading material. However, a second study conducted by the same researchers found that the type of boo 90
- The following appeared in an e mail sent by the marketing director of the Classical Shakespeare Theatre of Bardville Over the past ten years there has been a 20 percent decline in the size of the average audience at Classical Shakespeare Theatre productio 96
- The following appeared in a newsletter offering advice to inverstors :Techno corporation is our top pick for the investment this term. We urge all our clients to invest in this new company. For the first time in ten years, a company that has developed a s 60
will benefit from spending money for increase employee’s abilities
will benefit from spending money for increasing employee’s abilities
argument 1 -- OK
argument 2 -- OK
argument 3 -- OK
No. of Words: 542 350
Write the essay in 30 minutes.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.0 out of 6
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 23 15
No. of Words: 542 350
No. of Characters: 2651 1500
No. of Different Words: 243 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.825 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.891 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.626 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 194 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 145 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 105 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 71 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 23.565 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.107 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.522 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.317 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.51 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.097 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5
Thanks for evaluation, it is very helpful indeed