To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.
The issue is based on the effectiveness of a leader. However the term can't be defined objectively. It has varied denotations depending on the sector of the leader. Also there are many factors on which the effectiveness of a leader is contingent upon. Hence i disagree with the issue that to be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.
Firstly lets define the term effective leader. Is it the person who guarantees the maximum profits or maybe one whom everyone follows and idolizes. Considering these definitions, one can say the meaning varies with the context. An effective political leader will have different criteria for efficacy than a business leader or even a spiritual leader. In the field of business an effective leader is one who ensures the desired results are achieved. Take a case where the CEO of the company is embroiled in an illegal affair , this however won't affect the company's financial earning. Hence its not always necessary that an effective leader should maintain highest ethical and moral standards.
Moreover, to err is human. The leader being human is also prone to making a mistake. This should nonetheless not mean that he is not efficacious. A good leader should admit his wrongdoing and try to redress it. This type of behavior would encourage people to be courageous and rise above . If however one forces a leader to retain the highest ethical and moral standards, the leader would always tend to hide his actual persona;the persona which is susceptible to fault .The leader, promoting a facade will then be not as effective as an genuine leader.
On the contrary the leader who retains the highest ethical and moral standards almost always turns out to be effectual. People get inspired by the probity of the leader and aspire to achieve the same. These leaders can guide the public into a better world, where everything is moral and ethical. For eg, Gandhiji was known for his austerity and morality. Based on these qualities he succeeded in uniting the nation. He is an exemplar of an effective leader with highest moral and ethical standards.
Though a moral and ethical leader is effective, it does not mean that every effective leader should also keep up highest ethical and moral standards. The effectiveness of the leader also depends on other factors like success rate Hence i disagree with the issue that to be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a Batavia newspaper The department of agriculture in Batavia reports that the number of dairy farms throughout the country is now 25 percent greater than it was 10 years ago During this same time period 68
- Some people believe that government funding of the arts is necessary to ensure that the arts can flourish and be available to all people. Others believe that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts.Write a response in which you 70
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.“According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any 70
- Claim: An action is morally correct if the amount of good that results from the action is greater than the amount of bad that results from the action.Reason: When assessing the morality of an action, the results of an action are more important than the in 90
- Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa 66
an effective leader is one who ensures the desired results are achieved
an effective leader is the one who ensures the desired results which are achieved
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.0 out of 6
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 26 15
No. of Words: 421 350
No. of Characters: 2047 1500
No. of Different Words: 198 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.53 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.862 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.547 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 166 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 113 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 67 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 46 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 16.192 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 8.867 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.5 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.322 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.479 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.107 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5