Essay topics: To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.
The issue is based on the effectiveness of a leader. However the term can't be defined objectively. It has varied denotations depending on the sector of the leader. Also there are many factors on which the effectiveness of a leader is contingent upon. Hence i disagree with the issue that to be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.
Firstly lets define the term effective leader. Is it the person who guarantees the maximum profits or maybe one whom everyone follows and idolizes. Considering these definitions, one can say the meaning varies with the context. An effective political leader will have different criteria for efficacy than a business leader or even a spiritual leader. In the field of business an effective leader is one who ensures the desired results are achieved. Take a case where the CEO of the company is embroiled in an illegal affair , this however won't affect the company's financial earning. Hence its not always necessary that an effective leader should maintain highest ethical and moral standards.
Moreover, to err is human. The leader being human is also prone to making a mistake. This should nonetheless not mean that he is not efficacious. A good leader should admit his wrongdoing and try to redress it. This type of behavior would encourage people to be courageous and rise above . If however one forces a leader to retain the highest ethical and moral standards, the leader would always tend to hide his actual persona;the persona which is susceptible to fault .The leader, promoting a facade will then be not as effective as an genuine leader.
On the contrary the leader who retains the highest ethical and moral standards almost always turns out to be effectual. People get inspired by the probity of the leader and aspire to achieve the same. These leaders can guide the public into a better world, where everything is moral and ethical. For eg, Gandhiji was known for his austerity and morality. Based on these qualities he succeeded in uniting the nation. He is an exemplar of an effective leader with highest moral and ethical standards.
Though a moral and ethical leader is effective, it does not mean that every effective leader should also keep up highest ethical and moral standards. The effectiveness of the leader also depends on other factors like success rate Hence i disagree with the issue that to be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 5 hours ago||NobodyUp||79||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||harshit kukreja||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||roy.suro||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||seonjungkim||62||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||gaurang.rane||33||Read full essay|
|4 months 5 days ago||Sohaib270||58||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||Krishna Prasad||58||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||orlando23||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||Reaz||66||Read full essay|
|5 months 4 hours ago||inessad||62||Read full essay|
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.“According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (70)
- "The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition." - Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or dis (70)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a local newspaper in Masontown:"If we want to save money on municipal garbage disposal fees, we need to encourage our residents to recycle more. Late last year, our neighboring town, Hayesworth, passed a (70)
- Claim: An action is morally correct if the amount of good that results from the action is greater than the amount of bad that results from the action.Reason: When assessing the morality of an action, the results of an action are more important than the in (90)
- The following appeared in a memo from the Mayor of the city of Hillview:" In order to alleviate the serious unemployment problem in our town, we should encourage Autotech to build its automobile manufacturing plant in our area. The Hillview landfill, whic (60)
- some people believe that increasing violence in the media is the cause of increasing violence in our society, especially among children. Others believe that the children's peer groups and parental role models are a much more powerful influence on children (70)
- "Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the same time period, most of the complaints we received from viewers were concerned wit (89.2308)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college. (62)
- The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice to a client."Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region experienc (70)
- Governments should place few, if any, restrictions on scientific research and development.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve (75)