Essay topics: College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.
The author adduces that the benchmark for the selection of the field of study by students should be the existence of future occupation on that field. This is the claim with which I partially do not concur. Among the countless rearing reason, I will delve into the most conspicuous ones in the following paragraphs to give adherence to my standpoint.
First of all, there should be a well-defined term for the definition of the study purpose. Actually, various factors can be listed as the aim of study; while some people consider education as the path for exploring the novelty and mysterious of world, some others emphasize the study as flourishment of themselves; or there are some group which brings up the study as a tool for achieving a great and well-paid job in the future. According to this various list of study goals, absolutely there should be the difference of field selected by the students. However, since the main feature of mankind is his chasm and endless eager for thriving in any realm, this could be bolded as one of the main causes of study. In addition, the easiest way for flourishment is by doing an affair which aligned with the individual’s desire. In this case, there is the possibility of no match between the selected field of study, which looks for the availability of a job, and student desire. Consequently, the ratio of his prospering will be low.
Another striking reason which should be considered is the individual’s talent in that specific field of study. Even the main aim of the study by a pupal is mentioned as finding a good job, there is no guarantee that his all efforts on that particular field of study will end to the high-salary occupation. The one factor which makes the occurrence of this event to be shaky is students’ talents. Indeed, it is obvious that the talent over a subject owns a magnificent role in the success and feat of a person on that subject. A lucid example which depicts the importance of talent is the instance of Newton. Newton explored the gravity force merely by the hit of a falling apple, which had founded by no person hit by apple till that moment. This example explicitly illustrates the effect of talent, if a person possesses a specific talent, his chance of achieving the success is high. Therefore, by studying the trend field of study to warrantee the future job is not feasible till there will be talent about the field.
However, what is discussed above should not be overgeneralized; the high cost of education, and scanty of loan for financial support of education, force the family and students to spend lots of money. Thus, there is the expectation of earning high in the future to fulfill the current expenses; in this scenario, seeking the trend job is a wise option. According to the noteworthy intelligence survey conducted in Iran, each family in Iran spends two hundred million toman for their child’s education before his entrance to the university, which this amount is equal to hundred-fold of monthly salary of medium-income job in Iran. Therefore, there should be a return of all these expenses in the future.
To wrap it up, all the aforementioned reasons explicitly depict while the expense of studying should not be underestimated, the importance of talent and desire of the student on his future job are two main factors which completely guarantees students triumph.
- A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. (38)
- 1.The following appeared in the summary of a study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia."Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. Although many foods are naturally rich in salicyl (53)
- 1.College students should be encouraged to pursue subjects that interest them rather than the courses that seem most likely to lead to jobs.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain (66)
- 1.1.The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist."Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire vi (48)
- It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a (66)
- In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes littl (78)
- 1.1.Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia. Using an observation-centered approach to studying Tertian culture, he concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rather t (43)
- 1.Society should identify those children who have special talents and provide training for them at an early age to develop their talents.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain yo (66)
- 1.The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist."Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village r (58)
- 1.The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station." Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the compla (73)