Essay topics: Competition for high grades seriously limits the quality of learning at all levels of education.
The writer argues that the sense of competition for high grades restricts the quality of education. This is a claim with which I generally disagree. In fact, the lists of reasons and evidences give support to my favorable attitude toward the subject. In the following paragraphs, I will delve into the most outstanding reasons to illustrate my perspective.
The first reason, which gives adherence to my idea, is that the competition informs the students about their educational stands. It is lucidly obvious that all individual consider themselves as an accurate and errorless person, and their failures are latent till there is a chance of comparison, this chance mostly occurs with the competition, which some identical individuals are rated based upon their talents or abilities or success. Training is not exceptional from this fact too. All students consider themselves as the students with the high-level of learning; however, their shortcomings reveal with the examination. In the exam the students’ educational-stands about the specific subject are rated and it depicts who states in the first rank, which completely differs from the majorities attitudes toward their knowledge; besides, informs them about reality.
The second exquisite reason, which advocates my viewpoint, is that the competition stimulates the students to present their ultimate function. It is cogently explicit that till there is no system of ranking, people will care about their functions. However, by emergence of this system, which illustrates the people efficiencies, they will utilize all of their abilities to present the best result. This atmosphere leads to endless effort to achieve the best outcome. Since, the new first ranked outcomes present continuously by others. This atmosphere and its influence have their impacts in the training system too. In consequence, the students present their best performance to be dominant among the others. This situation paves the path to the well-learned students, who never give up in their studies.
Nonetheless, what I alluded to in the two paragraphs of the body should not be overgeneralized. The level of test or examination system has the vital role in all reasons mentioned above. As long as these examines do not shape based upon the standard method, their efficacy will be doubtful. Since, they solely cover the basic and rudimentary questions. Thus, all students' effort will be abortive, as the preparation for the exam does not boost or flourish their knowledge, and it is merely a repetition of basic knowledge. However, this situation rarely occurs, while there is a standardized system of examination.
To wrap it up, all aforementioned reasons and evidences lead us to the conclusion that, the sense of competition and exams inform the students about their knowledge and evoke their appetites to present best function and all of these pave the path to be better stand of education among the students. However, all of these are impressive while the test is structured based upon the standard base. Actually, there are numbers of reasons which confirm the accuracy of my perspective which are not mentioned above. However, I depict the most conspicuous one to illustrate my idea lucidly.
- tpo3 (3)
- The following appeared in a memorandum from the planning department of an electric power company."Several recent surveys indicate that home owners are increasingly eager to conserve energy. At the same time, manufacturers are now marketing many home appli (58)
- The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Alta Manufacturing."During the past year, Alta Manufacturing had thirty percent more on-the-job accidents than nearby Panoply Industries, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than ours. Exper (68)
- 1.Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing (66)
- 1.1.The following appeared in a memo from the Board of Directors of Butler Manufacturing."During the past year, workers at Butler Manufacturing reported 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than workers at nearby Panoply Industries, where the work shifts (68)
- The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of Butler Manufacturing."During the past year, workers at Butler Manufacturing reported 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than workers at nearby Panoply Industries, where the work shifts are one (68)
- 1.The greatness of individuals can be decided only by those who live after them, not by their contemporaries.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you (66)
- 1.1.The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of a manufacturing company."During the past year, workers at our newly opened factory reported 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than workers at nearby Panoply Industries. Panoply produces prod (78)
- 1.1.The following appeared in the summary of a study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia."Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. Although many foods are naturally rich in salicylate (38)
- The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing."During the past year, had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than ours. Experts say th (38)