Laws are the fundamental principles laid down to ensure the judicious and prosperous functioning of a nation. In a democratic government, they are framed after rigorous procedure, considering every individual and after consent of all parties. The recommendation that every individual should be given the liberty to obey just laws and disobey unjust laws raises two very important concerns.
Firstly, it lays doubt on the credibility of authorities who have made the laws. It is true that sometimes law cannot be disadvantageous to a specific portion of society but that portion of society should consider that that the authorities have made the law taking consideration of entire state. It will be benefiting entire state as a whole. E.g. – Gujarat, a western state of India, has a prohibition law for the sales of liquor. People might feel that it is unjust as they crave for liquor but they should also understand that the authorities have put such a prohibition for the welfare of public. This act has helped in lowering down the rate of cancer deaths and violence incidents in the state. The authorities are being elected by the people of democratic nation and it is important that the people respect the authorities which they have elected.
Secondly, it can raise conflicts. If people are allowed to obey one law and disobey other, this can lead to disagreements and dissensions. Let us say, for one portion of society law 1 can be just and law 2 can be unjust. For the other it can be vice versa. To maintain equality in the nation, it is important that laws are followed unanimously across the entire nation.
Although it is not right to disobey any law, it is also important that if an unjust laws gets passed, the people of the nation raise a concern to the supreme authority justifying the unfair nature of the law. Every democratic nature has the provision where people are free to express their opinions in a nonviolent way and it becomes the duty of the government to listen to their opinions and then act accordingly.
Clubbing up all the points, I can say that all the laws need to be followed unanimously by the entire nation. If a law seems unjust, the people should raise their concern to the authorities who can incorporate their opinions in future amendments.
- “Over the past year, our late night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station’s coverage of local 70
- There is little justification for society to make extraordinary efforts— especially at a great cost in money and jobs—to save endangered animal or plant species.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the state 80
- Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition. 45
- "According to a recent report by our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies ac 40
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition. 80
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 4.5 out of 6
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 19 15
No. of Words: 391 350
No. of Characters: 1852 1500
No. of Different Words: 175 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.447 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.737 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.751 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 132 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 87 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 62 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 46 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 20.579 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 8.911 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.474 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.313 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.541 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.09 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5