Leaders are created by the demands that are placed on them.

There is a firm correlation between a leader and people’s demands. Leaders are those who possess the leadership and followers are those who possess the demands. The statement above tacitly implies the passivity of the leaders in gaining leadership. I’m not generally agree with such an assertion. While it is needed to be some demands for a leader to fulfill, it is not always the mere demands creating a leader.

To begin with, in the regular policies, the incumbent office is conducive to shift the power, elect a substitute manger, and so on. Regularly demands are delineated, then members of a system begin seeking the proper person capable of meeting those demands. For instance, in the democratic policies, people are those who assess their candida whether complying with their own desires and then their elect the president. Those who fail are not recognized by the majority as the one who can meet the demands of the public.

We can see that without such demands there would be no place for any leadership like presidency. People cede both the power and responsibility to a person to lead them. However, leaders toil for many years and compete very hard to reach such a high position. It is so hard to be accepted among all the orders of a society. For instance, Bakers, bankers, polices and all the occupation should know someone deserved of being a president. Leaders’ competition is among the most powerful ones, averring the active roles of leaders in becoming so.

Especially when a big change is supposed to happen, then it is the great leaders who introduce great changes where there is no significant demand of change. No one demanded Steve Jobs to lead a team to make a computer with the ability of showing different fonts. Conversely, many were opposing such a delicacy in the production while there were other things at the stake. Steve Jobs taught the people to demand beauty.

In politics, we can see Mahatma Gandhi. The majority of people in India were discontent about the hegemony of England. Nevertheless, it was the responsibility felt by the Gandhi himself to fulfill the role of guiding India to independence, not the demands on him. Having returned from England, Mahatma Gandhi was not even known among the public let alone putting demands on him and making him the leader. He taught the people to demand independence, no matter how much it costs.

In sum, normally a leader is inaugurated to lead the people where their demands are met. However, leaders compete hard with many rivals to gain such a power. Furthermore, in some respects the leader is much ahead of his/her time, many might not accompany in the first place, let alone to demand the leader. However, such leaders arise and teach the people what they should demand. We see that we cannot assign a passive role for the leader in merely being created by the demands.

I’m not generally agree with such an assertion.
I do not generally agree with such an assertion.