Leaders are created by the demands that are placed on them.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
First, we would have to define a leader, and what characteristics does it have. A leader is someone that excels at his job, no matter if he is a student, an intern, a junior worker, a senior worker, the boss of the company, a politician, a soldier, anyone can be a leader if he wants it enough. The world leader by no means has to be confused with boss, leaders can be bosses, but not all bosses are leaders. A leader is not created by the demands that are placed on them, but by the actions he takes on those demands and the attitude he has towards them. Leadership is about knowledge, sympathy, responsibility, delegation, and timing.
A leader knows what he is supposed to do, what are his capabilities and skills, and how he can improve himself through experience and help from others. He not only has the knowledge needed for his job, but also to make improvements and offer new and more practical solutions for the problems he deals with. He also has to know when he can assign part of the responsibilities to other people to help him; he cannot do everything himself, so he ought to learn to delegate responsibilities and jobs to others in order to be more productive.
A leader has to be sympathetic, he has to acknowledge that his workers, co-workers or superiors are human beings, with their own abilities and feelings, and he has to know that they are affected by them. He has to be capable of form a good environment where he and others feel good to work, and know when it is fine to let them attend personal situations. For example, a worker that has a boss of the company that remembers and congratulates him in his birthday, when no other boss has ever done it, will be happier to work for him. Or if the worker has a family problem, and the boss don’t let him go to see his family, the worker will probably not want to work for him or will underperform.
A leader must be responsible, this way, people around him will not only see and recognize his work, but he could in fact motivate them to do the same, improving results for the company. Also, being responsible means to know that timing is essential for good results, asking when the job is due and exactly how they need it to be done, will allow people to hierarchize work and get results in time and with good quality.
Outside of work, all of these qualities serve equally important purposes, with our families, friends, and with society in general. A leader could somehow grow with the demands that are place in them, but most of all, someone becomes a leader when it learns how to deal with these demands, and how to have a good attitude about it.
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of theBalmer Island Gazette."On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involvi 60
- The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist."Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rat 50
- The following appeared in a memorandum from the owner of Movies Galore, a chain of movie-rental stores."Because of declining profits, we must reduce operating expenses at Movies Galore's ten movie-rental stores. Raising prices is not a good option, since 70
- Colleges and universities should require all faculty to spend time working outside the academic world in professions relevant to the courses they teach.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the posit 75
- Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher 30
He not only has the knowledge needed for his job, but also to make improvements
He not only has the knowledge needed for his job, but also makes improvements
and the boss don’t let him go
and the boss doesn’t let him go
The essay topic is not about the qualities of a leader. but how 'Leaders are created', are the leader created by the demands that are placed on them?
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: ? out of 6
Category: ? Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 2 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 16 15
No. of Words: 483 350
No. of Characters: 2074 1500
No. of Different Words: 205 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.688 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.294 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.536 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 131 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 86 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 49 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 34 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 30.188 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.729 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.75 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.368 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.606 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.27 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5