Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.

The writer of the statement believes that many important discoveries or inventions has happened by chance; through seeking something else is that a discoverer comes across a discovery. Although there are incidences of accidental discoveries, none of them affirm that such discoveries happened merely by chance.

To begin with, some people believe that many of discoveries and inventions are the results of a good luck. A prospective discoverer which is in search of an answer for a question, comes up with a discovery which he/she was not expecting it retrospectively. In this regard, consider Henry Becquerel. Becquerel's discovery of spontaneous radioactivity is a famous example of serendipity. Becquerel was experimenting on the phosphorescence activity of certain materials. He accidentally noticed that without any exposure to light, uranium salts emit light spontaneously. Then, radioactivity discovered by Henry Becquerel which further more led to X-ray photography and the Nobel Prize for Henry Becquerel.

However, there are myriads of cases not complying with the trend of accidental discoveries. Lots of inventions and discoveries have taken shape based on the directed and protracted endeavors. Think about Albert Einstein and the discovery of the curvature of time-space dimensions. Having studied the Newton gravitational laws, Einstein found a tiny deviation of the orbit of Mercury from Newtonian laws _which is the length of a fingertip in the millions of miles. He did not turn a blind eye to that tiny deviation, to the point that he conceived a better law of time-space curvature. Such a discovery became the milestone of the new area of physics. Therefore, we see that many of the discoveries are the results of the directed endeavors of a researcher.

Finally, discoveries do not have root in chances as far as they are the production of a discerning mind. Even those discoveries and inventions which were accidental, stand for the argument to show the aptitude of the person to catch that idea. Apple has been falling from trees in every corner of the world. If it was an accident, why anyone else besides Newton did not think of the gravity? The years of preparations put individuals on the brink of finding something new. This is because the mind of an observer is flexible and apt to grasp the results whether it was the intended results or not.

In short, we cannot recognize any discovery or invention as the result of a mere chance. In all discoveries there was a prepared mind verging on something new, even if that thing is unexpected. Such Unexpectedness does not rule out the preponderating role of the brilliant mind of any discoverer or inventor.

many important discoveries or inventions has happened
many important discoveries or inventions have happened