We learn through direct experience to accept a theory without experiencing it is to learn nothing at all

We learn through direct experience; to accept a theory without experiencing it is to learn nothing at all.

The experience is the practice. The more you practice the more you learn. You may learn to play soccer. Thus, you call your friends to play it and you start to develop your skills in a game. You may want to learn to swim. Then, your couch should help you in the beginning and follow you to see how fast you are improving, or how fast you are swimming. You may desire to learn to ride bicycle because your friends have and ride bicycles and you want to follow them. Therefore, you start with a small bicycle and you ride a bigger one later.

However, if you want to create a engine, you need to participate in a class. It is necessary to learn the theory to figure out how it works. You need to understand how its parts are organized so that it works. Thus, practice and theory are put together. One wants to build an apartment. He should attend a class in order to see how the construction is made. Later, he begins to make his own apartment.

On the order hand, there are some ways which you ought to believe about what it is said. For instance, you know that people in the past used to live less because you were told about that. You were not born at that time. Maybe you know that the sun is composed by chemical substances because your science teacher told about it. You know there is likely to exist life in another planet because scientists have been making researches about it.

Finally, you just learn by touching in something. For example, you learn how to drive by driving. Besides, you learn how to fish by fishing many fishes. And, you learn how to play a guitar by playing it.

On the order hand,
On the other hand,

'On the other hand' means However. It doesn't mean 'On another hand'.

-----------------