Essay topics: An English-speaking friend wants to spend a two-week holiday in your region and has written asking for information and advice.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
-offer to find somewhere to stay
-give advice about what to do
-give information about what clothes to bring
I am extremely delighted to hear from you after such a long time. You have made a good choice in picking Melbourne as your next holiday stop in December, a visit you deserve, especially after completing your university studies.
Since you are coming alone, I would not mind that you stay at my house. One of my housemates is planning to fly to Sydney to see some friends for one month, around the same time that you are coming here. So your accommodation has already been taken care of.
The same applies as far your holiday activities are concerned. Melbourne is one of the most exciting cities in the world and since your holidays coincide with the summer season, you will be ble ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- You are a student at an English language school in Brighton and are living in private accommodation with other flat mates. You have not had hot water or heating for some time. The landlord’s workmen have tried to fix the problem but without success.Write (100)
- It is better for children to grow in the countryside than in a bid city. Do you agree or disagree? (60)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (72.5)
- It is generally agreed that society benefits from the work of its members. Compare the contributions of artists with the contributions of scientists to society. Which contribution is more valued by society? (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (77.5)
- When people move to another country, some of them decide to follow the customs of the new country.Others prefer to keep their own customs. Compare these two choices.Which one do you prefer? Support your answer with specific details. (83.33329999999999)
- Fashion trends are difficult to follow these days and it’s widely believed that they primarily exist to sell clothes. Some people believe that we shouldn’t follow them and that we should dress in what we like and feel comfortable in. To what extent do you (66)
- Some people think that universities should not provide so much theoretical knowledge but give more practical training throughout their courses.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (83.33329999999999)
- The costs of medical health care are increasing all the time. Governments are finding it difficult to balance the health care budget.Should citizens be totally responsible for their own health costs and take out private health insurance, or is it better t (90)
- Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students.Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students.Discuss these views. Which view do you agree with? Explain why. (83.33329999999999)