Essay topics: An English-speaking friend wants to spend a two-week holiday in your region and has written asking for information and advice.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
-offer to find somewhere to stay
-give advice about what to do
-give information about what clothes to bring
I am extremely delighted to hear from you after such a long time. You have made a good choice in picking Melbourne as your next holiday stop in December, a visit you deserve, especially after completing your university studies.
Since you are coming alone, I would not mind that you stay at my house. One of my housemates is planning to fly to Sydney to see some friends for one month, around the same time that you are coming here. So your accommodation has already been taken care of.
The same applies as far your holiday activities are concerned. Melbourne is one of the most exciting cities in the world and since your holidays coincide with the summer season, you will be ble ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? (92)
- The position of women in society has changed markedly in the last twenty years. Many of the problems young people now experience, such as juvenile delinquency, arise from the fact that many married women now work and are not at home to care for their chil (59.2308)
- "Prevention is better than cure." Out of a country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (90)
- International entertainers, including sports personalities, often get paid millions of dollars in one year.In your view, with widespread pverty in the world, are these huge earnings justified? (60)
- Smokers can cause themselves serious health problems. The choice to smoke is made freely and with knowledge of dangers.Smokers should therefore expect to pay more for medical treatment than non-smokers. (68)
- We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in businesses, hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes.What things will they be used for in the future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more auspicio (84.28570000000001)
- The world is experiencing a dramatic increase in population, This is causing problems not only for poor, undeveloped countries, but also for industrialised and developing nations.Describe some of the problems that overpopulation causes, and suggest at lea (91.4286)
- Should parents be obliged to immunise their children against childhood diseases?Or do individuals have the right to choose not to immunise their children? (87.5)
- Disruptive school students have a negative influence on others. Students who are noisy and disobedient should be grouped together and taught separately.Do you agree or disagree?Give reasons for your answer. (70)
- "Although abuse of the system are inevitable, social welfare payments are essential to protect the rights citizens have to a guaranteed minimum income in a democratic society"Discuss. (91.66670000000001)