Essay topics: The pie charts below show how dangerous waste products are dealt with in three countries.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant.
The pie charts provide the information about how dangerous waste products are dealt with in republic of Korea, Sweden ad United Kingdom. The charts classify the country based on the way of the country in destroying waste products.
In Republic of Korea, there are three ways only in destroying waste products. It uses recycling, underground and incineration way. Recycling becomes the biggest way to dealt with waste in the country, it shown by chart that 69 % of waste is handling by recycling. The second option in the country is underground way by 22%. On the other hand, the country is also incineration for 9%.
Sweden uses the same policy with Korea which is using recycling, underground and incineration way, but the portion is difference. Underground becomes the biggest option to deal with waste by 55%, while recycling is the second dominant option by 25%, and the last is incineration with 20%.
United Kingdom is difference with Republic of Korea and Sweden. In the United Kingdom, there are four ways to fix waste products. There are incineration, underground, dumping at sea and chemical treatment. UK does not use recycling as the option to deal with waste, it is different with other countries. The biggest way to dealt with waste in UK is destroying the waste in underground, it is 82%. However, chemical treatment is only 8%, it is the same with dumping at sea, and the smallest role is incineration by 2% only.
In conclusion, majority of the countries use underground and incineration way to dealt with waste products. The underground way is the dominant option to destroy the waste almost in entire countries.
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children). To what extend do you agree or disagree? (70.3571)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples fro (75.2381)
- Some people say that the teaching method with a teacher and students in a classroom will not exist by the year 2050.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (61.25)
- The pie charts below show how dangerous waste products are dealt with in three countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. (78.3333)
- Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (85)
- The diagrams below show the site of a school in 2004 and the plan for changes to the school site in 2024.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (61.4286)
- It is important to ensure that children with a wide range of abilities and from a variety of social backgrounds mix with each other at school.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (68.75)
- The charts below show the proportions of the world's oil resources held in different areas, together with the proportions consumed annually in the same areas.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons whe (47.7778)
- In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.What do you think may be the reasons for this?What problems might this cause in society? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experi (60)
- The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comp (75.7143)