Some people believe that hobbies need to be difficult to be enjoyable. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

We are all different from each other, so our views on certain topics also vary. For example, some people claim that it is necessary for the human to choose a hobby according to its difficulty. However, to my mind, this is absolutely wrong.

On one hand, as hobby is such a thing which people do for their own pleasure, it means that the choice of hobby depends on their willingness and passion for a specific area. Therefore, there are people who love challenging hobbies more, like climbing, surfing or hunting, because they just simply enjoy doing these activities.

Another possible reason why people may prefer challenging hobbies is that they may be doing it for their self-development. For example, doing sports and making it your hobby undoubtedly benefit s your health and the potential productivity at work or school. So why not enjoy fostering yourself, that is also a hobby.

On the other hand, generally the main pursuit of having a hobby is taking away your routine work and exhausting studies and just relaxing. For this reason, most of people choose more relaxing activities, like reading, listening to music, playing an instrument or taking photos. All these hobbies are very suitable for those who have a very difficult and long time-taking jobs, as they provide peace and relaxation for people.

To sum up, we should remember that no matter how difficult or easy the hobby is, the only thing needed is to love doing it, because if you don't that is no longer hobby ,but an obligation. And people are unlikely to enjoy obligations. So we can not account for hobby preferences, as we all have our own interests, likes and dislikes.