Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Numbers of car are growing every year. In some countries, particularly in developing countries, the amount of cars are growing steadily per year. In some parts of life, the condition is good. Although, there are consequences of it, those are traffic accidents. Traffic accidents seem to raise annually, and these spark two opinions. The first side thinks that tight punishments for driving offences are the main option to reduce accidents. The other side believes that other measures are going to be more effective. I believe that both views have good reasons regarding to the motion.

Driving offences are people’s habitual problems. To overcome the problems, strict punishments are needed. Strict punishments encourage people to be more cautious to drive. The drivers will be careful when they are behind the wheel. The more cautious the drivers, the less traffic accidents will happen.

On the other hand, some people believe that strict punishments are not effective to reduce the traffic accidents. They argue that other measures would be better to improve the road safety. Those are: maintaining the roads, traffic lights, traffic sign, and promoting slow drive in high speed lines. Moreover, another measure like car inspection can be encouraged to reduce traffic accidents caused by unreliable car condition.

In my view, strict punishments are not the best way to reduce traffic accidents. In contrast, some other measures seem to be better option to improve the road safety.

In summary, other measures can be more effective in increasing road safety, rather than to apply strict punishments. Strict punishments are only good in limit the drivers’ bad attitude, and not solving the external cause of traffic accidents. And on the other hand, the other measures can overcome the external factors of traffic accidents, which tend to be the main causes of the problems.