WRITING TASK 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The two pie charts below show the marital status of Australia’s and Canada’s populations for 1999 and 2000 respectively.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
You should write at least 150 words.
The two pie charts illustrate the difference in marital status of 2 countries’ population, Australia and Canada in year 1999 and 2000 respectively. The first pie chart shows six different marital statuses in Australia in 1999, namely married, separated but not divorced, never married, widowed, divorced, and same sex marriage. In the second pie chart of Canada’s population in 2000, there are five different marital statuses, which are separated but still legally married, legally married, single, widowed and divorced.
From the first pie chart, it is clearly seen that about half of Australia’s population was married(53%) in 1999. About a third (29%) of the population were never married. Interestly, the rate of people who were widowed and divorced were same, at 7% each. On the other end, an insignificant percentage of population were separated but not divorced and had same sex marriage, at 3% and 1% respectively.
A year later in Canada, once again, the highest rate of people was legally married (41%). Similarly, people who were single ranked second(46%). There was a slightly lower rate of people who were widowed and divorced in Canada, at 5% and 6% respectively. Lastly, again, there was a very small rate of people who were separated but not divorced (2%).
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task Write about the following topic It has been argued that globalization has been of unquestionable benefit to the world and that the people who criticize it stand in the way of progress To what extent do you ag 63
- WRITING TASK 2You should spend about 40 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic: Government investment in public transport and reductions in public transport prices will greatly help the fight against transport pollution. Do you agree or dis 65
- With the pressures on today's young people to succeed academically, some people believe that non-academic subjects at school (eg: physical education and cookery) should be removed from the syllabus so that children can concentrate wholly on academic subje 80
- Do you believe that experimentation on animals for scientific purposes is justified Are there any alternatives to animal experimentation Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience 65
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.The chart below shows how people travelled to work in 1996 and 2001 .Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.Write at least 150 words. 73
Need to make comparisons where relevant.
Those are extra and could be removed:
'The first pie chart shows six different marital statuses in Australia in 1999, namely married, separated but not divorced, never married, widowed, divorced, and same sex marriage. In the second pie chart of Canada’s population in 2000, there are five different marital statuses, which are separated but still legally married, legally married, single, widowed and divorced.'
better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: body 1
para 3: body 2
para 4: conclusion
para 1: introduction
para 2: conclusion
para 3: body 1
para 4: body 2
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 6.5 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 11 10
No. of Words: 207 200
No. of Characters: 1009 1000
No. of Different Words: 97 100
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.793 4.0
Average Word Length: 4.874 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.68 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 73 60
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 57 50
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 39 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 25 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.818 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.464 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.636 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.458 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.626 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.172 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 3 4