The bar chart shows the monthly spending in dollars of a family in the USA on three items in 2010 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The bar chart shows the monthly spending in dollars of a family in the USA on three items in 2010.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar chart illustrates the monthly expenditure of a family on different item for the year 2010. The expenditure was in dollars and legends depicts the different items.

Overall,it is immediately apparent from the bar chart that the expenditure on clothing was the highest and the dramatic change of expenditure.

To begin,the x-axis shows the different months and y-axis highlights the amount. In the month of January,clothing accounted minimal expenditure of about $220 but grew strongly to finally reach about $650 in April. The monthly expenditure on gas shows fluctuation till march and recorded for about $380. Next,for the following month, it reaches up to $580. This was 1.5 fold increase. The expenditure on food shows a gradual increase from %500 in January to $580 in February. However,in the following months there was a modest fall and expenditure reaches to $220.

In month of January, largest amount was spent on food and on the flip side least expenditure in the month of April on the same. Clothing accounted for largest expenditure whereas,the least was spent on the gas.

on different item for the year 2010
on different items in the year 2010

legends depicts the different items.
legends depict the different items.

for the following month
for the following months

largest amount was spent
the largest amount was spent

least expenditure in the month of April
the least expenditure is in the month of April