The chart below shows estimated world illiteracy rates by region and by gender for the year 2000.

The bar chart illustrates the estimation rates of world illiterates by 6 different regions (developed countries, Latin America/Caribbean, East Asia/Oceania, Sub-Saharan Africa, Arab States and South Asia) for the year 2000.

The illiterate citizens from Sub-Saharan Africa, Arab and South Asia consist of almost half of the world population. As the citizens residing toward to Sub-Saharan Africa, Arab and South Asia, the illiteracy rates are increasing compared to people whose residing in other areas (Latin, East Asia and Developed countries). Female is more likely to be illiterate than males in overall except for Latin America. East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, Arab States and South Asia consist of the significant differences in illiteracy rates between male and female.

The higher illiteracy rates for females demonstrated from South Asia, Arab states and Sub-Saharan Africa (almost 55%, almost 52% and almost 50%, respectively) than males of 35%, 30% and 30% respectively.

The lowest illiteracy rates were shown by around Europe, America and East Asia continent as developed countries consist of almost 0% for both male and female. Latin America illustrates the similar illiteracy rates between female and male of around 10% whereas East Asia shows the higher female illiteracy rates of 20% compared to the male illiteracy rates of around 9%.

'by 6 different regions (developed countries, Latin America/Caribbean, East Asia/Oceania, Sub-Saharan Africa, Arab States and South Asia)'
'by 6 different regions ' is enough