The chart and table give information about what nursing graduates did in the UK in 2009

The chart and table give information about what nursing graduates did in the UK in 2009.

The diagrams illustrate the career paths followed by UK nursing graduates in 2009.
Overall, the pie chart indicates that by far the largest percentage of nursing graduates chose to work in the health sector. The table shows that the majority of these worked as hospital nurses.
Just over three-quarters of all nurses who graduated found a job in the health sector. However, a minority made different choices. While 8% went on to do further studying, 4% decided to combine working and studying. Other destinations outside the health sector were chosen by 10% of nursing graduates, and only 1% were unemployed.
The table provides details about the nursing graduates who entered the health sector in 2009. While 70% worked in hospitals, the figures show that a significant percentage worked either as midwives or mental health nurses, at 12% and 10% respectively. In contrast, just 2% chose health administration. Finally, 6% were employed in other parts of the health sector