The chart below gives information about the most common sports played in New Zealand in 2002 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The chart below gives information about the most common sports played in New Zealand in 2002.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The percentage of boys and girls playing in the 8 most popular sports and others in New Zealand is illustrated in the bar graph above.

The first impression is that most children favored playing netball, soccer, and swimming. The most uncommon game among all was athletics.

In particular, netball witnessed the most dramatic difference between the two genders. While the figure for females was 25%, that figure for males was only 1%. The percentage of girl swimming which was 22.5% outperformed that of boys which was 13%. In contrast, boys seemed to prefer soccer a lot more than girls did. It is clearly shown in the graph by the 20% gap between the two.

Towards the lower end, only 4% of girls played athletics while the number for boys was quite close which was 3%. Cricket was the sport that witnessed a huge difference similarly to netball. 10% of boys played cricket while only 1% of girls did.