The diagram below shows how a fire extinguisher works

The diagram below shows how a fire extinguisher works.

The diagram graphically illustrates how a fire extinguisher operates and what the instruction for using it is.

Taking a broad look at the diagram, the container is filled with water and a cartridge of gas is situated inside the container. As indicated, at first, the pull pin, which is located at the top of the tank, must be removed. In fact, this pin prevents the lever from being depressed, accidentally. Next, the lever is pressed and as a result the rod opens the valve and the gas is released into the container. Furthermore, the pressure of the fluid in the tank is increased and the water is forced up the siphon tube and then flows into the nuzzle, which rises the velocity of fluid flow, to pour out and put out the fire. Interestingly enough, if the lever is released, the cartridge is closed and the pressure of the fluid inside the tank does not grow. Consequently, the water does not flow into the tube and nothing pours from the fire extinguisher.