The diagram shows how rainwater is collected for the use of drinking water in an Australian town Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The diagram shows how rainwater is collected for the use of drinking water in an Australian town. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The diagram illustrates how rainwater is collected and purified into drinkable water in a town in Australia.
Overall, in the process, there are 4 fundamental stages in the rainwater treatment of an Australian town. The initial stage involves collecting water from the rain and the final step is delivering clean, fresh drinking water to townspeople.
The first stage is when rainwater passes through the drain and flows to the filter machine, where all of the microscopic particles will be extracted from the untreated water. After that, the filtered water will be stored in a separate zone. The following stage in the process is when the water from the storage area goes under chemical purification to transform it from non-potable into drinking water for people. After being treated, the last step is to distribute potable water to the town’s households for everyday use such as cooking, cleaning and showering.