The graph below compares changes in the birth rates of China and the USA between 1920 and 2000 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below compares changes in the birth rates of China and the USA between 1920 and 2000. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The line graph illustrates the variation of the birth rates in China and the USA from 1920 to 2000.

Overall, the birth rates in both countries declined at the end of the period. Most of the years, the USA had a higher birth rate compared to that of China.

In 1920, the birth rate of the USA was 11%. After some fluctuations, the figure fell to the lowest point of below 5% in 1945 and quickly reached its peak at 15% in just 5 years in 1950. The USA then witnessed a steady fall in the birth rate to about 7% at the end of the period.

During the same period, China experienced a more significant variation in the rate of birth. From only 10% in 1920, this figure then reached to the highest point of the graph at 20% in 1950. However, this percentage of the birth rate dramatically declined to only 2% in 2000, a decrease of approximately 10% in the last 50 years of the period.