The graph below show the participation of Australian children in sports outside school hours in 2014 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant

The bar graph displays the percentage of Australian school children who took part in different types of sports after school in 2014.

Overall, a higher percentage of students participated in swimming, football, and netball, while basketball was less played among both sexes. The highest proportion of boys played football, whereas the most played game of girls was netball.

A fifth of boys played football, the highest proportion, but only just under 5% of girls took part in this game. In contrast, netball, the most popular sport of female students, was played by approximately 18% of girls, while boys played it minimally with around 2%. Boys and girls preferred swimming with just above 15% and just under15%, respectively.

Around 8% of male students took part in basketball, while nearly 7% of female students played it. However, 5% of boys did not play any game in 2014, and approximately 4% of their counterparts did not participate in sports.