Essay topics: 30/10/2017
You have seen an advertisement for a weekend job as a local tour guide showing visitors around your city.
Write a letter of application to the tourism office. In the letter
- Give your reasons for wanting the job
- Explain why you think you can do the job
- Describe any relevant experience you have
Dear Sir or madame,
I am writing to express my interest in working at your firm as a local tour guide.
To begin with, my entire life has been spent in this beautiful city. I feel a deep love and a connection with this place and would like to share those feelings with guests. In addition, I heard your employees are given some special training, I hope to learn something new about the megalopolis, its history, landmarks and architecture.
Furthermore, I fit the job due to my personal characteristics. I am a well-educated, well-read, friendly, positive individual who likes to talk and socialize with others. Thus, clientele will be happy to work with me. Moreover, I am fluent in Russian, Greman, Spanish, Franch and can speak in Chinese and Japanese languages as well. So, I will be able to work with visitors from all over the world.
Finally, I have relevant experience as well. While working in a big international company as a part-time employee I have a duty to make foreign specialists comfortable in our city. So, I frequently give them improvised tours around the city. Also, I have already worked as an assistant of a tour guide for six months about a year ago in a rival company.
I am waiting for your prompt response.
- 01/10/2017 You recently bought a piece of equipment for your kitchen but it did not work. You phoned the shop but no action was taken.Write a letter to the shop manager. In your letter.Describe the problem with the equipmentExplain what happened when you (79.3333)
- 01/10/2017 Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets in some countries, many small, local business are unable to compete. Some people think that the closure of local business will bring about the death of local communities.To what extent (66.5)
- 29.09.2017 you ordered a new cheque book from your bank two weeks ago but you have received nothing. Write a letter to the manager complaining about the bad service.-Say when and how you ordered the cheque book-ask how much longer you will have to wait-a (88.5)
- 29.09.2017 You have recently visited a tourist attraction and were very pleased by the help given to you by the staff. Write a letter to the staff manager and say– Give details of your visit.– Describe how the staff helped you.– What do you want the (79.5)
- 29.09.2017 Happiness is considered very important in lifeWhy is it difficult to define?What factors are important in achieving happiness? (82)
- 28.09.2017New neighbours have recently moved into the house/flat next door to where you live. You have examinations soon, but your neighbours play music late at night which is affecting your studies and sleep.Write a letter to your neighbours. In your let (82)
- 28.09.2017 It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be.Give some reasons why this change has happened and suggest how families could be brought closer together.Include any relevant examples from your experience. (74.5)
- 26.09.2017 Last month you had a holiday overseas where you stayed with some friends.They have just sent you some photos of your holiday.Write a letter to your friends. In your letter.Thank them for the photos and for the holidayExplain why you didn’t wr (74.5)
- 26.09.2017 In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it as valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility.What are you opinions on this? (82)
- 25/09/2017You are due to start a new job next week but you will not be able to because you have some problems.Write a letter to your new employer, in your letterExplain your situationDescribe your problemsTell him when you think you can start. (84.5)