Happiness is considered very important in life. Why is it difficult to define? What factors are important in achieving happiness?

In life, we may wonder some people can live with happiness and joyous feeling everyday whereas some live in misery and feeling sorrowful, even counting the days to death. It depends fully on our perspectives and angles of looking a matter whether it is serious or just a trivial one. What is the best remedy and medicine to all kinds of diseases? It isn’t the best pharmaceutical product which costs a bomb but is the laughter with happiness. Undoubtedly, happiness is essential and cant be bought.

It is hard to define happiness and its definitions are actually varied due to different views of people. To me, happiness means the happy, elated, excited, blissful and titillated feelings ,which are caused by various reasons. The first key to happiness is self contentment. It is saddening to see a lot of people nowadays grumbling and ranting with everything they have. Recently, I met a young teenager who is only aged 13, crying and pleading her dad to buy her the latest phone even though she already had a I-phone 4s. Instead of crying, she should be blessed with her current phone and appreciate the stuffs whom her parents used their hard earned money to buy for her.

Apart from that, in achieving happiness, we should learn to forgive and forget. Holding grudges on the past or someone only brings ourselves harm and misery. Stop hating and blaming others. It is important for us to know how to move on and look forward instead of mourning over the past. Love also plays a crucial role in achieving happiness. Either pouring love on others or feeling loved brings ourselves satisfication and blissful feeling. Just like in every religion’s teachings, we should learn to love our neighbours as ourselves. For instance, by participating in various charity events or even being a volunteer in the old folks’ home, we can learn how too shower our society with love.

There are many other factors to achieve happiness such as money, health and others. In my view of point, if we lead these three main key points as our daily life principles, I am sure happiness would penetrate into every aspect of our lives. Please bear in mind that with happiness, our daily life is going to be exciting and interesting.