Essay topics: Many people spend a lot of money on clothes, haircuts, and beauty products to enhance their appearance. Some people think that it is a good way to spend money, while others think that there is a better way to spend it. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
It is certainly true that most people prefer to do everything for being attraction from others. Expending a lot of money on beauty products, luxury cloths or cool hairstyles are only better appearance. However, some people argue that it is unnecessary for buying all these things and there are other ways for spending money on. Both of these views will be discussed in this essay.
On one hand, good looking and being attractive are very important in any social. People always concern about their beauty and how the way they look like because it can bring some social benefits to them. Being attractive makes a person to be more self-confident and brings many supportive beliefs from others. When other people feel impress to an individual, they will offer better opportunities or support several things. As a result, most people desire to expend a lot of money on improving their outlook with luxury cloths or expensive surgeries.
On the other hand, other expenditures such as saving money or investing money on education or stock- marketing can be more rewarding than paying for beauty. If a person saves all money that they spend on cosmetics or cloths, he/she will be able to purchase a car or spend on their higher education. People should concern about what is necessary for our lives and which one is wasting money. Appearance is just desirable outlook which is external image and will disappear in one day, so we should not pay attention on it and spend a large among of money on them.
In conclusion, even though, a person still needs fashionable dresses and nice hairstyles, it is still not a main purpose of human lives. However, investment such education or saving for retirement are more important for the future of humans. Personally, I do believe that investing money on essential things bring many benefits than generate on appearance.
- Some people say that television is a very useful tool when it comes to education. Others argue that television is a much overused, ineffective teacher.Discuss both of these views and give your opinion as to the usefulness of television as an educational t (70)
- In many countries there is a shortage of suitable people for essential jobs. What do you think are the causes of this problem and what measures could be taken to solve it? (53.3333)
- It is now possible for scientists and tourists to travel to remote natural environment, such as South pole.Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages. (70)
- many museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists but not local people.Why is this the case and what can be done to attract more local people to visit these places? (70)
- Some people think that the increasing use of computers and mobile phones for communication has had a negative on young people's reading and writing skills . Are you agree or disagree? (65)
- Some people think that young people should be required to do unpaid work helping people in the community. Are disadvantages of this requirement greater than the benefits for the community and individuals?Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (80)
- Some people think that they can make as much noise as they want, while others think that the amount of noise people make should be strictly controlled. Discuss both views and include your own opinion and examples. (80)
- In some countries, young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. (85)
- Nowadays, more and more people decide to have children later in their life. What are the reasons? What are the effects on society and family life? (55)
- The diagrams below show the development of a small fishing village and its surrounding area into a large European tourist resort. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (75)