Many people want their country to host an international sporting event. Others believe that international sporting event bring more problems than benefits. Discuss both views and include your opinion, supported by examples

International sports event, like Olympic Games, has been an established worldwide activities for a long time. Some countries compete for the hosting country eligibility while others are more concerned with the negative effect of it. In this essay I would argue that hosting international sport event, though has economical and practical benefits, is a risky investment.

To begin with, the benefits of hosting international games, be it visible or invisible income, are enormous. First, overwhelming amount of tourist would activate the commercial activity and boost the economic growth. Besides, it would enhance the national pride and the international status of the hosting country with numerous journalists and reporters flooding in form all over the world. The international sports event provides an opportunity to display national power and the recent development to the world, and hence boosting the national recognition. Moreover, the hosting country, earner to impress the world, would devote to improve the city’s infrastructure and consequently benefit the public.

However, despite hosting international games is advantageous on many aspect, we should also keep a sober mind out its aftermath and not be over-optimistic. On one hand, though tourists bring along considerable profit, the cost of building sports stadium is so high that it can seldom be offset by the income. Statistic proof showed that 70 per cent of the hosting countries never earned back the spendings. Furthermore, hosting international sports would cause disturbance in society. For instance, riot occurred during the Beijing Olympic games since the gangsters wanted to make a sensation internationally by taking advantage of the game. Therefore, though hosting an international feast is a glory thing for most countries, though should give it a second thought before making the leap.

In short, hosting international game is not always a favorable choice. The hosing countries should make a sensible budget and enhance the security guard for staging such a huge protect.

has been an established worldwide activities for a long time.
has been an established and worldwide activity for a long time.

while others are more concerned with the negative effect of it
Description: 'it' refers to what?

be it visible or invisible income,
Description: can you re-write this sentence?

despite hosting international games is advantageous on many aspect
Description: Check books how to use 'Despite '

and not be over-optimistic
and not to be over-optimistic

though should give it a second thought before making the leap.
they should give it a second thought before making the leap.