Essay topics: With the rise in popularity of the Internet, newspapers will soon become a thing of the past.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Nowadays, many people prefer reading the news on the Internet rather than paper format, the same situation as books. Therefore, it is true that after the introduction of World Wide Web in people’s life, there are some moments in which readers grab a printed format as a source of inform.
To begin with, newspapers are instantly available on many portable devices. The only evident thing is that the articles found in the newspaper are inserted into web pages and visualised by customers very easily. For example, a British newspaper, The Guardian has the online version and could be used by those who have access to the Internet. What is more, the Internet offers the customer’s feedback to the headline news. Therefore, the world’s tendency towards social networking encourages the news popular among the users.
Secondly, newspapers are also used by many commuters using public transport. It is a common activity to spend time in a secure way with a valid access to the news. For instance, going by land could lead to problems with receiving Internet dates because of your location on your map. You do not have signal while you are passing through a tunnel or a wide area. The similar situation happens on a plane, you are not allowed to use mobile networks. Before the plane takes off, all the passengers must activate the flight mode.
To sum up, newspaper online are an available source of information for everybody and it is widely used because it is cheap, fast and easy access.
- Today our communications, medicine and transport system all depend on computer technology. Our reliance on computer technology has created a dangerous situation. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement. Give reasons for your answer and (70)
- The money spent on space research has brought enormous benefits to mankind, but it could be more usefully applied. How far do you agree? Give reasons and include relevant examples. (80)
- The table below show predicted and actual immigration figures for the UK for the years 1984-2000.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature, and make comparisons where relevant. (75)
- The table below shows the results of a survey of the average number of cars per hour using three suburban roads during working hours in a ten year pollution monitoring programme. Traffic calming was introduced in Harper Lane at the beginning of 1999.Write (70)
- Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be paid more, especially when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of th (43.3333)
- The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five cities between 1990 to 2002 compared with 1989. (80)
- The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing countries and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. (70)
- The graph below shows the unemployment rates in the US and Japan between March 1993 and March 1999. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. (50)
- In many countries, children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong while others consider it as valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility? What are you opinion on this? (60)
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give reasons for your answer and include a (80)