Essay topics: Some people believe that the use of mobile phones in public is as annoying as smoking and should be banned, similarly to smoking. Give your opinion and examples from your own experience
These days, the number of mobile phone users has increased significantly. No one can argue that a mobile phone has many positive effects to our lives such as communication or entertainment. However, some people think that most people use phone excessively and disturb others in public places which is as worse as smoking in a public. Consequently, some people advice that the regulation of using mobile phone in a public should be released which can control phone users. This issue will be discussed in this essay.
To begin with, using a mobile is very important in some situations. An emergency case such as accident or get in a trouble requires this electronic device to ask for help or contact somebody. If we do not allow people to carry a mobile phone around a city or use for some reasons, it will be hard to figure it out or find someone to rescue. Moreover, most people always carry a phone which communicate only in a certain issues and do not answer a phone without unnecessary matters or appropriately ways. Therefore, the use of phone in a public should not be restricted by a city law because it is very vital to use in some cases.
Secondly, most people who advanced and educated enough have good manners in a public. They will not turn on a mobile phone with loud ring-tones, answer a call inappropriately or even speak a phone with so annoying voice. Most people always use head phone for listening or talking and some never use their phone in any quiet places.
On the other hand, even though most people always respect each other, some phone users still inconvenience others by using the phone in public. The using phone excessively in a public can annoy people surrounding and pollute the atmosphere to be very noisy. The quiet and peace of some places such as a library or temple will be disappeared from phone ringing or talking voice. Therefore, with a phone regulation, it will improve the atmosphere and keep peaceful.
To sum up, in my opinion, I disagree with limiting using phone in public. This is because, the use of phone in some accidental cases is very essential and it is inevitable to restrict people to use them in a public. Without a mobile phone, it will bring some negative effects to human lives. However, in quiet areas, the use of phone still should be limited which will not destroy the atmosphere and will not annoy others.
- one of the consequences of improved medical care is that people are living longer and life expectancy is increasing.do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages? (80)
- The graph and table below show the average monthly temperatures and the average number of hours of sunshine per year in three major cities.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant. (70)
- The chart below gives information on the percentage of British people giving money to charity by age range for the years 1990 and 2010.(rewrite1) (70)
- The chart below gives information on the percentage of British people giving money to charity by age range for the years 1990 and 2010.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (70)
- Some people work for the same organisation all their working life. Others think that it is better to work from different organizations. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.(rewrite1) (80)
- The chart below gives information on the percentage of British people giving money to charity by age range for the years 1990 and 2010. (70)
- Some people work for the same organisation all their working life. Others think that it is better to work from different organizations. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (70)
- When choosing a job, the salary is the most important consideration. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (60)
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages for a student of doing a degree at a local college or a university in the capital city . Choose at least three factors to compare (e.g. cost, flexibility, quality of qualification) (70)
- There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays? (rewrite1) (80)