Some people believe that young generation should follow traditions of their society others however believe that young people should be free to make their own choice as individuals Discuss both views and your own opinion

Some people believe that young generation should follow traditions of their society; others, however, believe that young people should be free to make their own choice as individuals. Discuss both views and your own opinion.

No one can deny that different traditions are followed in different nations. Many localities stick to their traditions. However should the younger generation be forced to adapt their community traditions or should it to be their own choice? Is a debatable issue.

One school of thought acclaims that every tradition has a background and a cause. For example, in India, there are many festivals. Indians believe that festival is one means of bringing people together. They exchange celebration sweets with neighbor’s thereby a strong bond is created between them. Therefore it becomes important to teach younger generation about traditions so that they also reap the benefits.

Moreover, in present scenario, it has become difficult to get along with our family members due to time constraints. To overcome such problem of socialization it is necessary for younger generation to stick to customs and traditions as they bring people together. For instance, the tradition like prayer and family dinner were followed to overcome such problems.

Other school of thought proclaims that today many youngsters travel around the world as a result they come across different practices of people. At times they even adapt to other community’s practices. This is unavoidable.

In my opinion, every individual should be allowed to act on their own will. The best thing which can be done is to explain the importance of traditions and its significance to younger generation. However choice should be theirs so that they completely involve themselves in practice.

In a nutshell, although traditions and customs play important role in many aspects it cannot be forced on youngsters.

play important role
play an important role