Essay topics: Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.
To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
It becomes a controversial topic these days about the waste problems and the environment concerns in many nations. Although many cities have introduced a household garbage scheme in order to collect the renewable garbage for recycling, most citizens still do not follow this policy. There is then an idea coming up, which is about a strict regulation in order to raise recycling responsibility in all citizens. Personally, I strongly believe that laws about this waste management will improve the effectiveness of recycling programme in any nation.
Factors related to the achievement of recycling scheme need to be considered first. To begin with, most citizens often complain about the difficulties and inconvenience of household garbage collection, requiring many waste containers and considerable space in a house. Consequently, people frequently agree that garbage collection is not practical at all and very time-consuming, thus they ignore to sort all garbage. Subsequently, the city provides several garbage bins which are improving the recycling measure to be more convenient. Despite the encouragement from the city by providing bins, surprisingly the amount of recycling from residents is still not increase.
On the other hand, the city might need to regulate recycling laws to deal with this problem. Taken the zero waste policy in San Francisco as an example, the city outlaws heavy fines to citizens refusing to do recycling and authorities physically check a house randomly, whether a household actually recycles or not. Eventually, the policy has achieved the goal as no waste is being sent to landfill sites, whereas waste is either sent through recycling measures or disposal method.
In conclusion, event though the city assists the methods of recycling to be more easier to all citizens, individuals still ignore collecting recyclable garbages. Therefore, laws must be required in this case in order to tackle the waste problem effectively, which is similar to the project in San Francisco, otherwise the recycling will still never be able to succeed.
- Now that there are no unknown places left on Earth that individuals can explore, exploration has taken the form of overcoming physical challenges. What is your opinion of this development? (50)
- The charts below show the numbers of people in different aged groups who go sailing and or play basketball in Australia.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (60)
- Recycling is now an essential measure: it is time for everyone in society to become more responsible toward the environment.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (70)
- The graph below shows the percentage sales of trainers made by a sportwear company in one year. The Flying Boots trainers were lunched at the beginning of that year. (70)
- Some people are extremely dangerous but many people still like them very much. Why do people take part in these sports in these sports. What advantages and disadvantages of dangerous sports? Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (70)
- Many young people today choose or are forced to go and work abroad. What are the advantages & disadvantages of living and working in a foreign country compared with living and working in your own country? Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (70)
- The amount of sport shown on television every week has increased significantly and this is having an impact on live sports events. Do you think the benefits of having more televised sport are greater than the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer a (80)
- Some people are concerned that children spend too much time on playing computer and video games. Some people believe these games are a harmless form of escapism, but others think they make young people too aggressive and become dangerously addictive.To w (55)
- Car ownership has increased so rapidly over the past 30 years in the world that many cities now are "one big traffic jam". Do you think that this statement is true? What measure can government take to address this problem? (rewrite1) (90)
- Car ownership has increased so rapidly over the past 30 years in the world that many cities now are "one big traffic jam". Do you think that this statement is true? What measure can government take to address this problem? (0)