Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of an university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cour

Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of an university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer.
What is your opinion?

The fifty years has seen a growing consideration in terms of which areas students should be armed with in an university. While it is argued by many that universities should provide graduates with professional knowledge to get ready for the future, yet there still remains some arguments against this issue as they believe that universities are responsible for knowledge for their own sake. Overall, it is my personal view that knowledge and skills needed in the workplace is vitally pivotal in universities.

First of all, it is an indisputable fact that the majority of people adopt tertiary education for the sake of future career. While it is admittedly that education is not only mainly to provide professional knowledge and but help people to become good members of society as well by subjects namely psychological and physical education, it is secondary and high schools that equip students with fundamental knowledge rather than university. Take the case of an accountant as a salient example, academic knowledge concerning mathematics alone can not be sufficent. Such skills as writing report and mail and task management are extremely essential to be sucessful in this job.

Further more importantly, though it would be much easier for students to attain many things that they easily see their benefits instead of academic stuffs and theories. Student may find it interesting and motivating when acquiring skill and knowledge that associate with the workplace. Therefore, exposure to case study as well as real situation is definitely an alternative to traditional teaching method. Not only does it provide student with essential knowledge but it also entails student specific competence through real experience.

By way of conclusion, I once again reaffirm my position that tertiary education should mainly be responsible for training people to become useful employees in the future, thus making it much more economical for corporations in terms of both training cost and time. In years to come I believe that practical method of education should be adopted in universities to make tertiary education much more beneficial.

The fifty years has seen a growing consideration
The fifty years have seen a growing consideration

education is not only mainly to provide professional knowledge and but help people
education is not only mainly to provide professional knowledge but as to help people

Sentence: Take the case of an accountant as a salient example, academic knowledge concerning mathematics alone can not be sufficent.
Error: sufficent Suggestion: sufficient

Sentence: Such skills as writing report and mail and task management are extremely essential to be sucessful in this job.
Error: sucessful Suggestion: successful