Young offenders should be made to do community service rather than be sent to prison Do you agree or disagree

Young offenders should be made to do community service rather than be sent to prison. Do you agree or disagree?

Some people argue that young offenders should be treated differently by being sent to community service instead of prison. I strongly agree with this opinion and will discuss the details in this essay.

First of all, unlike adult offenders, young offenders might not complete compulsory educations yet and they still have to participant in courses in school just like other children. If put them into prison, they would lose the access to normal education, which is not fair to them and harmful for their developments. Although young offenders break the laws or rules, they still get the right to be educated. Thus community service is a better solution than putting them into prison, with providing young offenders opportunities to continuously acquire knowledge from school.

Secondly, young offenders commit crimes normally due to that they are still not mature enough to avoid some negative impacts. From the other perspective, due to their immaturity, it is still possible to help them correct their mistakes and move their life back on track. Obviously, community service could offer such possibility in terms of not isolating them from the society but tightening the bonds with community. For example, in China, offenders who younger than 16 years old are not allowed to put into prison but treated separately by sending to community service. There is clear evidence showing quite high percentage of young offenders are still able to correct their mistakes by doing so.

In conclusion, from my view, young offenders should be treated differently from adult offenders in order to offer the educational opportunities as well as help them return to the correct tracks of life.

they still have to participant in courses
they still have to participate in courses

due to that they are still not mature enough
Description: check books how to use 'due to'.

offenders who younger than 16 years old
offenders who are younger than 16 years old
offenders younger than 16 years old

There is clear evidence
There is a clear evidence

------------------------