Nowadays some employers give increasing importance to employing people with social skills in addition to good qualification So it is widely accepted the social skills are as important as good qualifications To what extend do you agree or disagree

Nowadays, some employers give increasing importance to employing people with social skills in addition to good qualification. So it is widely accepted the social skills are as important as good qualifications. To what extend do you agree or disagree?

The topic of whether employers should consider social skills as important as qualification when selecting employees is of concern for many people. As for me, I think both social skills and qualification are essential qualities.

Some people believe that a strong academic qualification is the first priority during talents selection. Firstly, a stand out academic background is essential in some particular positions. Being knowledge and skillful, some talents are the ideal candidates in, for example, a doctor and a lawyer. It is impossible to hire someone to be surgeon without a relevant degree even though he/she might be incredibly sociable. Secondly, people who are holding a master or Ph.D. certificate can be considered to be more creative and intelligent. Without a critical thinking ability and distinct problem solving skill, students are not likely to be granted the entry of university education, not to mention they will gain deeper insight in the subjects and practical experience during higher level study. Therefore, a good qualification seems to be a golden pass during job hunting.

However, on no account should employers ignore the importance of social skills. To start with, selecting an employee with good social skill can avoid internal conflicts within the company. As a number of applicants are able to achieve excellent results in university, they do not like to listen to others and accept different opinions, which may lead to discord and disagreement in the workplace. Thus, to hire employees with strong interpersonal skills is a way to ensure the harmony in the office. Besides, a good communication skill is one of preferred criteria in most of business. For instance, an effective relationship with one’s manager, clients or colleagues can help a worker to enhance the possibility of career advancement as well as the company’s performance, thereby benefiting all staff and the business.

To sum up, I agree that both academic background and social skill are desired for all employers. If applicants will their resumes stand out, they have to present their university achievement and social skills.

Sentence: Some people believe that a strong academic qualification is the first priority during talents selection.
Suggestion: Refer to talents and selection

Being knowledge and skillful,
Being knowledgeable and skillful,

If applicants will their resumes stand out
If applicants want their resumes standing out