Essay topics: Shopping is dangerous because it makes people selfish and careless with money. Do you agree or disagree?
Shopping can be considered as a fatal since shopping usually causes various issues such as people’s health and financial issues. Therefore, I believe that shopping should be conducted in a careful consideration.
Shopping can damage people’s mind and health, because people can easily form a bad habit such as addiction or impulsive shopping habits. Frequent purchasing of goods lead to addiction and which is unstoppable regardless with the continuous external party’s assistant (parents, friends and colleagues). For example, many people suffer from shopping addiction and they seek for other people to stop their behaviour, but mostly it failed and people suffer from severe psychological disorder.
Shopping makes people selfish resulting from materialism. Persistent purchasing of goods can create emotional attachments to goods and that can lead to materialism. The financial matter would not matter once people put their emotions into the products. For instance, majority of children put their emotions into dolls or toys and they have a tendency to purchase goods related to those toys afterward.
Shopping can result in financial distress by impulsive and continuous purchasing of goods. Therefore, majority of shopaholic suffer from financial issues such as bankruptcy and bad credit ratings. In other words, people continue to buy goods even if they cannot afford those goods financially. According to the US science journal, about 86% of American people have purchased unnecessary products and 67% among those had a bad credit rating.
In conclusion, people can easily damage psychologically and physically due to forming a bad habit from shopping. Therefore, shopping is dangerous.
- Some people think that we do not need to print papers newspapers anymore. Do you agree or disagree? (56)
- Shopping is dangerous because it makes people selfish and careless with money. Do you agree or disagree? (76.5)
- Some people think that we do not need to print papers newspapers anymore. Do you agree or disagree? (78)
- As well as making money, businesses also have social responsibilities. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (58.5)
- Some people think that technology has made our life too complex. However, other people think that it has made our life easier. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- Air traffic is increasingly leading to more noise, pollution and airport construction. One reason for this is the growth in low-cost passenger flights, often to holiday destinations. Some people might say that governments should try to reduce air traffic (63)
- Nowadays, many people receive prescriptions of medication regularly. What are the causes of this trend? What consequences can this have for a person? (73)
- Some people claim that living in big cities is creating difficulties whereas others think it makes easier. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (78)
- Some people work for the same organisation all their working life. Others think that it is better to work for different organisations. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (55.5)
- : A society develops the technology in communicating devices rapidly such as smart phones, tablets and other communicating devices. Some people claims that the disadvantages of such device outweigh the advantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (71.5)