Essay topics: Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your experience.
With the increasing competition in the school and workplace, education has become the most important part of parenthood. Some commentators claim that children should achieve some educational outcomes even during their leisure time. From my point of view, it would be overwhelmed for children and unnecessary at all.
To begin with, I must admit that there are many activities that children enjoy doing can contain various knowledge and practical skills. This is because bountiful games and TV programs are based on reality with the purpose of teaching children about the world. According to statistical research performed by Oxford Psychology for Children, people who like team sports, like basketball, football, and tennis, etc., in their childhood would have better interpersonal skills and stronger resistance than those who seldom participate in sports events. Sports, as a very good leisure activity, is obviously educational for children since it teaches them to work hard, care about and communicate with others.
On the other hand, some activities definitely have some other benefits rather than being a lesson. If patents and adults insist on adding educational things on some activities, the leisure parts of them would disappear. For instance, children enjoy playing video games with friends because they can have fun together and escape from hard school life. In this light, diminishing the fun from playing computer games is just like deprive chances to make friends and release stress for children.
In conclusion, although some games have no educational purpose for children, they still have a vital role in their life. The burden in children’s shoulder is heavier enough and they should be allowed to do something ‘useless’.
- Nowadays, children rely too much on the technology, like computers, smartphone, video games for fun and entertainment; playing simpler toys or playing outside with friends would be better for the children's development. (50)
- TPO 41 (86)
- Many companies sell products or services but at the same time cause environmental damage. Someone said it can be stop by ask them to pay penalty, such as a higher tax when they cause the environmental damage. Others said there are better ways to stop them (78)
- TPO 40 (80)
- When parents cannot afford the time to accompany with their children, they could choose to send their children to the child-care centre where many children have cared together; or they could send their children to an individual caregiver. Which one is bet (82.5)
- People often buy products not because they really need them but because other people have them. (70)
- Is relating well to others more important than studying hard? (76)
- People should take time to relax with hobbies or physical activities that very different from what they do at work. (80)
- Which do you prefer, to buy new technological devices immediately after they become available or to wait till many people have adopted (=accepted and started to use) them? (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It's necessary to put a lot of money into a business to make it successful. (71)