Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society.Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

pramodj's picture

Some believe that to become a good person in a community, one should learn it from his or her parents while some consider it is the responsibility of the school. From my perspective, more responsibility for this is should be on parents instead of school. In this essay, we are going to see both the views.

Children are spending almost 18 hours in a day with parents and they are learning from them a lot of things. They act like their parents or guardians. The way they are living in the society children also used to adopt the same things. Parents are more responsible and important to teach their children as it is also a matter of their dignity. For instance, as per famous book ‘The search that seeks you’ written by Robin Sharma, he had mentioned about his life form his childhood wherein he had learned a lot from his mentor rather than school.

Responsibility of school is to give education of every aspect including their behavior towards society. Having said that, it is not the only thing to teach in school. The school anticipates the good behavior of their parents as well. In schools, children are getting the lessons towards their behavior but only lessons are not enough. Its practical need to the observer by their parents or mentors. So, the school also contributing in a little amount the development of child towards society. A report demonstrated that students who were taught in schools that how to be good and beneficial part of society were more kind and helpful towards others. Moreover, in the contemporary era, the trend of both parents working is alarmingly rising. When both of them are working, they do not give the required time to their offsprings. This shows that teachers should take the responsibility of students otherwise they would get spoiled.

In conclusion, although schools are teaching manners towards society, by considering the above-mentioned views, parents should look after children for guiding about the same.